Missing

I know, I'm know... I'm sorry I've been MIA lately.  I've had a little bit of writers block.  When I took Miles to the Dr. last they told me that I had to start supplementing because he wasn't gaining enough weight.  And I took that kind of hard.   It's silly, I know, but I really wanted to breastfeed for longer... and I really felt like I had tried so hard. 

So any time I sat to write a post it was about the death sentence on my boobs.  Because I've heard ALL the horror stories about what happens to them after you stop breastfeeding.  DEFLATED BALLOON ANYONE?  AHHHHHH!!!  

But it's been a few weeks now and we are doing pretty good actually!  I'm still breastfeeding twice a day (no deflated balloons yet!!) and Miles is loving his formula bottles.  He's such a little sweetheart.  He takes everything in stride and is not picky about anything.  He will drink any formula we give him from any bottle at any time.  And he is definitely getting chunky...

Exhibit A
Exhibit B
I mean, I know he's no roly poly yet, but that belly is significantly more squishable and chunkified.  And even though those are not words, you totally know what I mean! 

So, some of the things I've missed out on sharing --

Miles learned to read --
This book is soooo fascinating!
HA!  Okay, not really, but doesn't he just look like a serious reader in this picture?!  He does love his books though!!

Sleeping through the night is getting so much better with a belly full of formula --
Awake but still so sleepy...
And a nice stuffed belly sure does make for one happy baby!
This is FUN!

Everywhere we go people are just amazed at how happy and friendly and cute this boy is.  I must say that I completely agree! 

Comments

  1. Do NOT feel bad about supplementing. Your boobs have done an awesome job getting him this far!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SOOOO glad you posted pics! Miles is so adorable and soo happy, too!! Love the last pic of him! So stinkin' cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I meant to comment on this the other day and got distracted...

    Don't feel bad about supplementing!!!! Seriously. Be proud of what you have already done- it's so much more than most.

    As for deflated balloons...well, my dear, I am the proud owner of two deflated balloons and am just realizing that Victoria's Secret will be my close, personal friend from now until eternity. The price we pay for motherhood!

    P.S. Miles looks edible!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts