I don't do these lists as often as I should, but here are some of my very favorite things about Miles just as he is now...
- I love how much you love to laugh! And you love to make us laugh, doing anything you think is funny over and over again - like standing on your daddy's (or sister's or brother's) stomach and then plopping down as hard as possible. I don't know why that's so hilarious to you - but you really love it.
- Sometimes you turn up the adorably factor by about 1000x by just looking at us and scrunching up your whole face into this beyond cute "scrunchy face". I don't know why you do it, but you know it's the cutest thing we've ever seen and it makes my heart happy when you do it!
- You love playing with your puppy, running up and down the hall with him - letting him nip at you while you run. Sometimes he nips too hard and you yell at him - "GO". This morning you yelled "Rocky" after your daddy yelled at him. It was the first time you've said Rocky, and you refused to do it again, but it was adorable!
- You are starting to say more and more every day, but you still don't have the confidence to really talk yet. You try new words all the time (like "touchdown" and "thank-you", but usually only once or twice and then save them for later. But you love to "talk" to us in your own language. And you insist on eye contact during these 'conversations'. I absolutely love it when you turn my face, with your chubby little hand, so that I'm looking you in the eyes as you "tell" me something. It's something so important and I'm DYING to know what's going on in your head.
- There are some words that you love to say - like "no" and "more" - but when you do say them you drag them out and end the word in a high pitch and you sound SO cute!! You know all you have to do is say "more" and sign for milk and give me scrunchy face and you can have the whole tub of chocolate milk because of how cute you are! And yes, you refuse to drink regular milk so I give you chocolate milk because I'm that much of a sucker!!
- For some reason you refuse to call water anything but "en-gah". You will do the sign for water but ask for "en-gah". Its cute, but where you got that from I have no clue!
- You are still the cuddliest little sleeper in the world. You hate to sleep by yourself and I just hate to make you. Most nights you end up in our bed before morning, or we end up in yours. But my favorite is on the weekends when we want to sleep in -- you usually wake up early but then cuddle up on my shoulder and sleep for another hour or so with your chubby arms around my neck. I want to freeze those cuddles and save them in my heart forever!
- You love to dance! I mean, you REALLY love to dance. And you've started to expect us to dance with you. You get so excited when your favorite songs come on and your dance with so much energy. I can't wait to get you in a dance class!
- I love how fearless you are! I mean with everything. You talk to anyone and everyone (if you are in the mood)! You run with reckless abandon down hills! You jump off the side of the pool with your eyes wide open and the biggest grin on your face. I hope you always approach life that way!
- I absolutely love how sweet you are to our friends. When some of our best friends come over you've started running to them and hugging them hello! I never expected that from you and that should teach me to never assume things about you.
- I can't even describe how much I love the fact that you are still obsessed with your belly button!! You still fall asleep with one hand around my neck and one hand on your belly button for every nap and every bed time! You've recently started trying to fit things into it. And, lately, you've started lifting my shirt to check on my belly button. Thankfully, it's always there!
- I never really liked talking to you on the phone, until recently. Usually I just feel (and sound, and look) like a big idiot doing my high-pitched, ridiculous baby voice on the phone to you - with no response. But the last time I tried, you chatted away back to me. It was all gibberish, but I'll take it!! I still sound and look stupid to anyone around me, but to hear your baby-talk on the other end makes it all worth it!
- I love that you still like to throw yourself on the ground on your belly to get attention and make us laugh. It's so weird and silly, but it's you! And I want you to always be your weird and silly self!
- I love that I get to be your momma!!
Oh my goodness - look at how you've grown!!