Hello, Poison Control?

Speaking of guilt...

I really thought I'd be able to get away with not ever calling poison control. I really did. Buuuuut...

To explain... it works out perfectly for me to shower quickly while Miles watches some Backyardigains (guilt) and then let him take a bath while I get ready. He LOVES bath time and will swim, splash and play around while I dry and straighten my hair and get some makeup on. He gets to play for as long as he wants and I get to look like a human - it's a win-win!

Well, sometimes he likes to play with the soap bottles, but he couldn't open them so it wasn't a problem. Until yesterday when I look over and see the open bottle in his hands and BUBBLES coming out of his mouth. Craaaaaaap.

I don't think he actually swallowed much, if any. He was laughing and never showed any signs of pain or discomfort. He did burp several times though!

And I wouldn't have even called, but I got to thinking - what if I give him some fruit or milk and that somehow makes it worse? Is water going to make more bubbles in his tummy? Or dilute them?

So I googled and googled and then finally just gave in and called. Better safe than sorry.

Needless to say Miles is fine. Water was the recommended solution, but she said if he didn't throw up right away, he probably wasn't going to.

# to poison control if you ever need it - 800-222-1222 -- not that YOU will.... ahem...

Comments

Popular Posts