Busy

You may have guessed by my lack of posting lately that having a puppy and a toddler is exhausting.

Duh!

You all told me so.

I know, I know. But I just have to let you all know - exhausting!

To help make sure the puppy knows to go outside I have been loading Miles up in the stroller at 7 am, 11 am, 3/4 pm, and then (if Tony is picking up Nick and Izzy or at a security conference, like he is tonight) I'll be loading everyone up again in a few more hours around 7, then one last time around 10 or 11. I know you think I'm insane, but I mostly do not mind. Miles loves it. We walk to the park (it's actually a cemetery, creepy right?) where the bulls are and I let everyone run around like crazy.

I didn't mind it at all until I got this cold actually. Now my head feels like it's under water and it's going to explode all at the same time. My nose is a faucet. And my energy level is non-existant.

But all I have to do is survive until 3 pm tomorrow when my mom and dad's flight land. They will make everything better!

I mentioned on Facebook yesterday that watching Miles and Rocky slowly become friends is just the sweetest thing! I really didn't know what to expect with Miles and the puppy, but it is better than I could have hoped for! I'm sure that Rocky thinks that Miles is another puppy. He follows him everywhere he goes looking for attention and love. He was nibbling at him constantly and Miles was freaking out, but just in the last two days he's stopped nibbling and I think Miles is starting to realize that the puppy is fun and a good playmate.

Yesterday the puppy was laying under the couch and Miles was playing with his cars in the living room when suddenly Miles noticed the puppy and took him his truck. I watched in shock as Miles showed him the Hot Wheels toy and waited for him to take it.

Then he left his truck with the puppy and went on playing with his other toys!

TOTALLY counterproductive to all our training that Miles' toys do not belong to the puppy. But my heart was too busy melting into a puddle to stop him!

Comments

Popular Posts