Sorry

I know, I know.  My blogging is slacking and something better give.  Well, it's gonna have to be sleep because with 9 hour work days and a total of 2 hours commuting per day I'm just plum out of time!  Those 9 hour work days are totally worth it though, come Half Day Friday!!  It's like the prize at the end of the race.  Come Friday there's a skip in my step, cause at noon I'm outta here for the day! Today I'll pick up Miles and take him to lunch with Tony and me and a few friends.  I can hardly wait!

So, to catch you up to speed -- you haven't really been missing much exciting.  Poor Miles has had that runny nose for 2 weeks now and last weekend started coughing.  It slowly got worse, until finally Tuesday night it kept him (and us) up all night long.  I'm talking every single hour he woke up crying because his cough hurt his little baby throat.  So Tony took Wednesday off to take him to the Dr.  They gave him some amoxicillin and he's doing so much better!!  Me on the other hand, I'm sneezing every 4.2 seconds and want to rip off my nose.  I found some decongestants last night though, so I'm hoping that helps!

On Wednesday night we went to see the kids and I cannot tell you how happy it makes me to see Nick and Izzy with Miles.  They all love each other so much!!  Miles could not adore them more and all they want to do is hold him and play with him and love on him.  Izzy got Miles laughing SO hard during dinner, I though I was going to die.  Over last weekend we noticed that Miles thought it was fun to copy Izzy every time she coughed.  She would cough and then he would cough and we got a big kick out of it.  Well, Wednesday night she tried again.  Except this time instead of just coughing, Miles would cough and then CRACK UP!  It was a giggle fit like I hadn't seen before.  Oh my gosh, his baby giggle is just the CUTEST.  And he doesn't do it often, so it's like gold to us.  I will do my best to get it on video... but Miles moves on quickly so I'm not sure he'll find it as funny next time we play that game.  But I'll try! 

And in other news, I'm finally taking the plunge and going Vegan.  I've read some books and watched all those documentaries and really wanted to start eating healthier for so long now.  But, I guess I've just been lazy.  I'm not a huge fan of cooking.  Eating in general is just so annoying sometimes.  You'd think I'd be 90 lbs then, but no -- I love junk food and snacking.  But I've decided that I can do this, at the very least, for 2 weeks.  I've got some meal plans and been scoping out vegan meals at fast food places.  Yesterday I had the most amazing hummus sandwich from Which Wich.  It was SO delicious!  Mostly, though, I'm going vegan for the powers!  If you haven't seen Scott Pilgram vrs The World, please do.  It's awesome!

So, that's pretty much it for the Lauros right now.  Tony saw game 4 of the Mavs and said it was AWESOME!  We fell asleep during game 5 though, stupid head cold.  This weekend is going to be full or relaxing and pool time.

And, I'm sorry I have no pictures for this post....  but I promise to post a ton this weekend!  That's my mission and I choose to accept it!

Comments

  1. Yay! So glad you posted! Sorry you are sick! Hope your meds help you and you enjoy your weekend. Can't wait to see more pics!! Ooh, vegan, eh? I don't really even know what that means, but you know how I love documentaries so I will definitely watch it! =) Hope Miles is feeling better, too! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. LMBO! I thought Scott Pilgrim vs the World was the documentary you were referring to about vegans so I clicked on it and I was like....um...where is this going...I don't think this has anything to do with vegans.... ROFL!!! But the trailer looked funny, so I will have to watch it, too! =) =)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts