Thursday, October 31, 2013

Healthy Kiddos

I have lots and lots to catch up on in my little blogging world. My parents left yesterday morning and the weather reflected my mood all day - gloomy and sad. I spent the day trying to figure out how to help Miles pee while breastfeeding and holding a very spoiled 5 week old baby. Allegedly you can't spoil a newborn. Tell that to my arm that's about to break as I type this while holding a baby who won't let me put her down!

I'm not complaining about holding her though -- it's actually my favorite thing to do. Besides the fact that it's the best excuse for not doing laundry or the dishes - she smells so good and is so warm and cuddly that I can't get enough!

And she is growing so stinking fast I want to get in all the tiny cuddles I can.

But, of course Miss All-I-Wanna-Do-Is-Nurse is already too chubby for her newborn clothes. And those chubby cheeks are back with a vengeance! At her 1 month appointment this week Girlfriend weighed in at a healthy 10 lbs 6.5 oz!! I guess all that nursing is working.

The appointment went well - they said Ms. Natalie is doing great! She is eating and sleeping on demand with no rhyme or reason as of now. So I asked the nurse how long that should last and she said as long as it works for us. I guess that means my boobs will continue to be on demand for every cry she makes.

Which is so different from how I nursed Miles. I had a phone app, I kept exact track of when I fed him and for how long every single time. And if I felt it hadn't been long enough between each feeding I'd be so resentful of feeding him again already. It's no wonder my milk supply suffered.

This time around I just feed her if she seems fussy without worrying about the clock. And it's so much less stressful not having to keep record and check it constantly.

Also different this time around -- I am refusing to pump. Maybe I should, and maybe I will eventually -- but I loathed pumping before. Hours spent feel like a cow only to get 2 oz of milk. Hours spent pumping at night when I'd rather be sleeping. I just can't bring myself to do it. There's formula for nights out and I haven't even had to use any yet, so hopefully my plan doesn't backfire on me!

On another note - her sleeping is slowly getting better and better. She is usually down in her bassinet by 10 or 11 and then wakes up around 3 or 4 to eat. Then she sleeps again until 6 or 7. Sometimes she makes it to 8 even! If she does wake up super early, Tony gets up with her to let me sleep in some. I am loooving having him work from home!! It's ah-MAY-zing!

In other news - Miles finally had his 3 yr appointment. Poor kid just kept getting the backseat to his sister and the move and everything else we had going on. Plus, he's just so healthy that I forget I'm supposed to take him to the dr. What a great problem to have, I do truly know how blessed we are to be able to say that!

So, I'm happy to report that Miles is also a health cubbster. 35 lbs, 2 oz. And I swear it's solid muscle cause it feels like so much more!!

He was a little congested, so we delayed his vaccines for now. Which is good, because I learned about this awesome stuff called DPT Tox to give him and help with the side effects. I need to get it before our next appt!!

That's it for now. Stay tuned for nursery paint pics, Miles' 4th haircut adventure and more boob stories soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment