Bad Parents

So, we are totally bad parents and skipped Halloween this year. Miles wasn't feeling well and Tony and I are doing a very strict 21 day reset/diet (Beachbody's, if you're interested) so we just pretended like it didn't even exist.

I only feel slightly bad about it.

It's just that Miles is the most stubborn child in the world and the thought of dragging him door to door to ask for candy just makes me want to crawl under the covers and cry. He would not understand, not care, and not cooperate - I'm certain. So I gave him a sucker from the front desk candy bowl at our loft and we played trains instead.

I did buy him a $5 costume from Kid to Kid, and he loves the hat and sword!! He's been playing with it for the last week - so there's that!

Maybe next year will be better! He'll understand and care and want to cooperate. I hope.

In other news - Miles started back at daycare today. He had no fever and was in a good mood, so I dropped him off with high hopes!

We got there and he bawled.

I left to him screaming and crying. And when I called 15 minutes later to check on him, I could still hear him crying in the background. But it sounded more like a mad, "let me do what I want" cry instead of a 'heart-broken where's my mommy' cry (if you know what I mean) so I tried not to let it bother me.

Of course it still did.

When I picked him up at 11:45 he was the last kid sitting at his table eating lunch. He refused to eat while the other kids were eating. The teacher even asked me if he could eat on his own. LOL. Yes, he can. He's just stubborn.

He ate a few bites for me.

Technically he just licked the katsup, but I'll take it.

The teacher said he did good (they always say that) and that he's a good boy and he'll learn the routine in no time! But... she also said "he is STRONG!"

HA, tell me about it sister!

She was trying to keep him in the room because he kept trying to leave and she was afraid he was going to brake her arm! I'm sure that's a bit of an exaggeration, but then again maybe not. This boy has his daddy's muscles for sure.

But I can't tell you how happy I am to have him going back here! It's a bit extra for me to drive, but it's beyond worth it. Every single one of the teachers is sweet and kind and happy every time I see them. I caught two of them high-fiving each other as I left with big smiles on their face. And the director personally called me around 10 am just to let me know that Miles was doing great. No other reason - just "Hi, Miles is doing great! Bye." I loved it!

It makes my heart happy to have him go someplace so happy and where I feel totally comfortable. I just hope tomorrow's drop off goes more smoothly...

Comments

Popular Posts