That Was a Doozy

I've been completely slacking on the blogging front. Mostly because once the sun come out and the weather is perfect all I want to do is be outside soaking up some rays. And as you can see from these Dallas Moms Blog pictures, my legs definitely need some sun time! Who let me go out with legs that white?

In addition to summertime fun we've also decided to put our loft on the market. Just that one step and we are heartbroken. It's such a hard decision. We LOOOOVE living downtown and the thought of leaving this loft is almost unbearable. I love it for so many reasons - but mostly because it's the first home my husband and I lived in together! Every time I look at it I am proud of it. But there are so many reasons to move - a backyard and being closer to Nick and Izzy are definitely at the top of that list! So I guess I will have to start thinking of new clever names for the blog... oh dear.

That has kept us busy, but I did find some time to (FINALLY) take Miles to First Tuesdays at the DMA. Go read all about it (and how great it is) at the Dallas Moms Blog today!

But of course, that was on Tuesday when all the OTHER drama was going on. You know - the 12 TORNADOS drama! Ya, Miles and I were walking home from the DMA with the tornado sirens going off!! Talk about scary.

Obviously we were okay, but things got a little intense once we saw one of the tornados not 5 miles away from us throwing semi trucks around like toys. But even then I was okay because I could watch the storms being tracked on the news. Except that we have satellite. So as soon as a bad cell would go over downtown our satelite would go out and that's when I would really panic. There was no news to tell me if a tornado was heading straight to my house.

So that's when we hid. It was only once, and only for 5 minutes. And completely unnecessary. But better safe than sorry!

I'm just still so amazed that there were 12 tornados that touched down in Dallas area and not one single death! So continue to stay safe everyone!!

Comments

Popular Posts