Take that Pinterest!

I am currently riding the "Pinterest success", high -- and it feels good!  (Awesome instructions online here!)

I'll be honest -  when I bought this $5 storage bench off a Facebook page I did not expect this to happen! 
Even trying to get it into the car by myself (with the nicest pregnant lady helping me) I thought I was in over my head.  But - $5.  I figured - if I fail, it's not that big of a deal.  The lady selling it even gave me a baby toy for Natalie because she was crying in the car.  A toy worth over $5 - so this bench was practically free!

With Tony out of town - I pulled this sucker out of the car myself and got to work!
Since the cover was torn I decided to rip it off.  It was a huge mess!
Some of the batting came off the side - so I had to get creative!
Any guesses?
Off to Hobby Lobby for some fabric and I officially have a new addiction.  Who knew Hobby Lobby was the best store in the world??
As I was checking out, the checkout lady scared the crap out of me.  She noted the fabric and then said I had to be extra careful because with the pattern if I did this wrong and it ended up crooked I would be upset.  UGH - the stress!!

Thankfully Tony was back in town for this part because he helped me make sure it was straight, helped get the corners perfect, and was a huge help as the muscle (of course!).
We took a bit of a chance with the fabric choices - but I could not be happier with how it turned out!
Now we just have to agree on where to put it.  Tony wants it here to put our feet on.  I want it in the corner as seating across the room.  Choices, choices.  :)

Anyone have a storage bench for sale??  I need at least 3 more of these in my house!!!



Comments

  1. So cute! I never would have picked those two fabrics but it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That bench is just awesome!!!!!

    lyndsay

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts