Such Sweet Friends

I told Tony - no baby shower this time around. With moving and being in the apartment and not having family here - I didn't want to impose on friends to buy us more gifts when we already had most of what we needed anyway. Plus things have been crazy waiting on this stupid house and I just feel like everything is on hold.

But when do husbands listen.

My new favorite client from the Pilates studio, Carolyn, insisted that doing nothing would be a mistake. So with her help, Tony and Beverly gathered all my other favorite clients and put together the sweetest work-dinner/shower ever!! As a surprise!

There were a few hints leading up to the night, but seeing all my favorite Pilates co-workers and clients waiting with a diaper cake and cupcakes was completely out of nowhere. And it blew me away.

I feel so blessed to be surrounded by such wonderful people. There is nothing about working at the Pilates studio that I don't love. The hours are beyond anything I could have hoped for -- half days at work and half with Miles. The clients are obviously awesome! And the workout is my favorite.

Last Monday was my last shift there until I'm ready to come back after the baby. I know I'll want to stay home for as longs as possible with Natalie, but I also know I'll be ready to get back into working out and seeing all my old friends. So I'm hoping to do one day a week for a while as soon as I can. Hopefully my boss will let me. :)

Anyway - back to the shower! It was a diapers and wipes shower. And who knew you could be so creative with diapers and wipes. I had always wanted a diaper cake. Aren't they just amazing?!

Side note -- this thing took me over an hour to take apart, so I cannot imagine how long it took to put together. Seriously appreciative of the hard work that went into it!!

And tell me this is not the COOLEST thing you have every seen. Bev made it and I cannot make myself take it apart. It's just so stinking cute. And I'm sure it took a while to make also!

Natalie might not ever get to use those blankets. But she will definitely be snuggling with the musical turtles.

We also got some super cute outfits, onesies and receiving blankets. My favorites of which came in the most creative bouquets I've ever seen! Thank you Iris, I just love them!!

We now have plenty of diapers, wipes, onesies and blankets. All I need to buy are some new bottles and get the rest of the stuff out of storage and we are all set! Set to patiently wait....

Whenever you are ready Ms. Natalie...

Comments

  1. So sweet. I love the bouquet idea. I am going to steal it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts