When One Door Closes, 17 More Open

We *mostly* finished the home renovations! It's almost crazy to write that, because -

1. It feels like it'll never really be done, there are still a handful of things that need to be completed (the kids shower is too hot, the master sinks are not working, a couple of fans need to be installed, the closet needs to be moved back upstairs and organized (kill me now).) Nothing too big, but things to work on still, for sure.
2. I never thought we'd finish!

But, we closed on the loan and officially finished -- so we are thrilled!

And the same week that all of that happened - we bought a condo to renovate, we got a cat, and Izzy moved in with us to homeschool.


Just when I thought I'd have a moment to breath, we added a million more things to do.

It's fine. I'll sleep when I'm dead.

We absolutely love having Izzy here with us. She's the bomb dot com. But she's basically an adult, so I'll leave her private business off my blog. Suffice it to say, sometimes the best decisions are the hardest ones. And sometimes you've just got to try something out of the box to see how it goes. All good things. All good things.

Anyway. There was an old lady (me) who found a rat (in her house), imagine that. So she bought a cat to swallow the rat, imagine that. We're not sure if the rat has been swallowed. Or if the cat has just scared him off. But no more signs of the rat, so I'll take it. And this cat is the best. I'm not allergic to him. And he is just so sweet and chill and adorable. And sick.

Prince has constant nose-bleeds, so I've been cleaning blood off the bathroom floor (they're heated, so he loves it there) all morning. Back to the vet we go.


But not today. Today is singing lessons for all the kids. Izzy is a beautiful singer and Miles and Nat love to make up songs and sing them. So maybe we can start a band or something. You never know if you don't try. And this is why we homeschool. To try all the things!

Tony's out of town, so I'll be running everyone all over today.

But first coffee and some work. And a hello to my very old and dusty blog.

Maybe now's a good time to revisit this thing more often. No promises. But I do need to do a before and after post of the house.  So I promise to work on that!

Comments

Popular Posts