Bedtimes

A calm has settled over Casa Lauro -- the littlest ones are asleep and we are currently threatening begging the big kids and their friends (who are staying the night) to be quiet enough to not wake them! 

I'm not holding my breath. 

But I am going to pat myself on the back.  We have started doing a "real" bedtime for both kids lately.  And it's been working!  I do realize that by talking about it - it'll all fall apart.  But for the past 2 weeks I've been doing bedtime at 9 pm for both kids, and amazingly - they both go to sleep!!

They both still sleep with us, so lets not get too excited.  But to have them both asleep by 9 is big for us.  Miles fights sleep so insanely that it was always pointless to put him to bed at a reasonable hour.   He'd fight sleep for an hour or more - until we all fell asleep-resentful at our lost evening.  CIO was never an option for us (no judgement).  Sleep training didn't ever stick because he cannot sleep the full night without us.  So we let him stay up.  It was for our own sanity really.  And he was always happy.  When he got tired, he would curl up on my lap and fall asleep - and then sleep in the next morning. Win-Win!  Sometimes he would nap during the day.  Sometimes not.

But in the last month he dropped all naps and suddenly he will fall asleep at 9 pm and sleep till 8 am - no problem!  And Natalie has been going to sleep at 9 also!!

We'll see how long this stage lasts - but I'm enjoying every second of it now! 

As Natalie is exclusively nursing still and co-sleeping with us - her sleep is still sporadic.  She's out by 9, then wakes up to nurse all throughout the night.  I think it's something like 1 am, 4 am and 6 am -  but since I'm half sleep through the nursings - I can't say for sure.  All I know is that I wake up anytime from 7am to 8am most mornings feeling pretty refreshed!

In less boring news though -- here is my favorite GIF of the week  --

Miles played with her for about 10 minutes and it was so fun! 

Then my strong baby did this!

And I was so proud!!

I'm scared.  She's gonna want to crawl soon!

Ok, so I've surfed and blogged and now I get to go to bed when I want to!  Goodnight!

Comments

Popular Posts