Sporadic

Let's call a spade a spade -- I'm a terrible blogger. Or maybe it's just that I'm terrible at time management with these 2 kids. But by the end of the day I'm just happy we all ate and that none of us stink. Too bad.

Life with 2 is just so much easier and so much harder than I expected it to be, all at the same time! Natalie is such a great baby - she is so happy and sweet. And way more easy going than her brother ever was. But there's just 2 of them and only 1 of me. And the real kicker is that Tony has been traveling so much for work lately - that it's just tough.

It's also hard to find time to blog when neither one of your children like to sleep all that much. I thought for sure Natalie would be my sleeper - but nope -- she's just as bad as her brother.

But tonight Miles wasn't feeling well, so it was Tylenol and early bedtime and I found myself with a whole extra hour!!

Aren't they sweet! :)

Natalie is just getting so big and sweet. Some of her favorite things in no particular order (except for the first one)


  • boobs

  • laughing at her brother when he cries

  • playing with any of her brother's trains and putting them in her mouth to make him cry

  • blowing raspberries at her brother to make him mad

  • the tv remote



She also really loves every single time you smile at her (it's so sweet because she just gives you the biggest grin in the world), getting her diaper changed (she laughs when you clean her), being tickled (she's so ticklish), and of course more boobs!

On that note -- she is still nursing like a champ! I've been following all these nursing facebook pages that are kinda crazy with their "nurse-ins" and protests. But they have been SO helpful with info and encouragement. This was around the time I quit with Miles - but this time my expectations are different and we are doing so good. That's all info for another post - but suffice to say - we are both happy and my little chubbester is doing good -- so I am grateful!

She's been working on sitting up on her own lately. She really impressed her daddy the other night when she started to fall, but then corrected herself and sat back up again. It was adorable.

But, I do have to admit that I have no idea if that's what she's "supposed" to be doing at this age. I've been terrible at following and checking off her accomplishments. Second child syndrome. (That's not the word, but it's late and I'm drinking wine in celebration of 2 sleeping kids -- so we are going with it!)

In other news -- Miles is also doing so great! He's getting so big it makes me happy and sad at the same time. Some adorable things he likes to do, in no particular order -


  • Refer to himself in the 3rd person. "Have to be nice to Miles" he'll tell me when I don't let him have a 4th cookie.

  • He still worries about where Natalie is at all times. If he can't see her or doesn't know I've put her down for a nap - he has to go find her and make sure she's really okay!

  • He has a new obsession with feet and loves to grab Natalie's feet (without socks on) and say "I got my footie". He will hold her feet in the car for as long as she'l let him.

  • "I do it myself" is one of his new favorite things to say. He loves to grab his little Ikea chair and take it around the house to do things - like turn lights off and on or get napkins and then get stuck on the counter.


He really struggles with sharing with his baby sister, but I can tell he wants to be a good big brother to her. The other day he spent a good 5 minutes just trying to make her laugh and it made my heart so happy!

So that's just a bit of what we've been up to lately! Hopefully enough to hold you over until I can get back into the swing of things here.

I better get to bed before it gets too late -- I'm on solo duty for the rest of the week again. But Tony loves his job so much and I have 2 amazing children to snuggle with till he gets back - so I will count my blessing and get to snuggling!

(The wine really helps also!)

Comments

Popular Posts