Big News

Wow was May just the craziest whirl-wind of a month, or what? I don't think we've been able to slowdown or breathe for the past 4 weeks straight!

But we survived and we can totally celebrate now that it's all over!

I can hardly even believe what I'm about to type - but we sold the loft yesterday!! We are no longer home owners! It still doesn't even feel real, I guess I'm still in shock.

After a year and a half on the market, short sales and foreclosures bringing prices impossibly low, more than one major setback - it actually happened. (Secretly, I'm still waiting for them to come back and say "just kidding" - in which case I will officially loose my mind and end up in the Nut House. Like for real.)

But we found a buyer who loves the space (we couldn't agree more) and who couldn't let it go! I am certain he will love it there as much as we did for the first 5 years! (This last year I was over it, but those first 5 were great!!)

So - HUGE sigh of relief!

Moving was the biggest pain, but we are down to the last few boxes to unpack and we will be all settled into our new apartment! Yup, apartment -- hello noise complaints for Miles running and nosey neighbor complaints for our dog being on the patio for more than 3 hrs. Fun fun!! We only signed a 3 month lease, because (if life is kind) we will be in a house before summer is up. But, that's another story and another headache waiting to happen!

In the meantime, we are now in north Plano, close to work and back in suburbia! I know, that means I have to change the blog name. One thing at a time, we barely closed last night on the loft!

As for the baby - she is doing just fine cooking in there. And that's our other huge news - we have a name! My sisters got to help us decide while we were in NM for my parents 50th anniversary, and that makes it more special!

Natalie Aurelia Lauro

I love it!!

Miles is also doing good in our new space. I think he is in love with the carpet and the patio. The pool has a waterfall, and that is preeeeety cool!

Also, we are super close to the "trains at the bookstore" as he likes to call the Stonebriar mall, so it's a win-win for all!

And, if I can survive the three flights of stairs while 6-9 months pregnant, our best friends moving to CO, and the worst round ligament pain (yes, Tony - that's its official name) ever - this summer might turn out okay!

More on our up-coming house soon!! Stay tuned!

Comments

  1. Yay! Congrats! Love u. Xoxo Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on selling the loft! Love the name!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, congrats to you too! So jealous that you can hold and see your sweet boy now!! :)

      Delete
  3. I love that name, Natalie!! So pretty, and not very common anymore!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it's such a huge decision!! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts