Hitting

I feel like a battered women.  My son slaps me around.  And it's getting old. 

So, basically I just don't know quite what to do... Miles likes to slap the crap out of me.  If it wasn't so horrible it might almost be cute, actually.  When I tell him no he just starts slapping me in the face.  When he's tired and grumpy he slaps me in the face.  If he's upset about anything he starts slapping me.  Even if he's no where near me and he gets upset about something he finds me to start slapping me.  If I put him down on the ground he starts banging his head on the floor or the wall. 

Sigh.

What do I do?  I'm so torn.  I've tried acting sad and hurt and upset, but that doesn't do a thing.  I've tried ignoring him and walking away, but like I said - then he starts inflicting pain on himself.  I've tried hugging him so he can't hit me, but that makes him more mad.  I try distracting him, and that works half the time - but then I feel like I'm rewarding his behavior.  I've tried slapping his hand, but I hate hitting him to teach him to stop hitting. 

How can someone so cute be such a turkey?  


I'm hoping it's just a phase....

sigh...

Comments

Popular Posts