I Never Wear Shoes... Because they Make me Fall Down

Something is seriously wrong with my feet.  I legit cannot wear any high heels anymore because if I try, my feet KILL me for days after.  Weird, sharp, stabby plus achy pain. So I just avoid them and stick to flats lately. 

Except I decide these TOMS boots (on sale) with a tiny heel were just too good to pass up.  The heel is less then an inch + they were so cheap = worth the risk/pain.

Except.

Except I apparently don't know how to wear heels any more.  Because walking to our dinner table in Austin I felt my heel slip and in slow motion I felt myself going...going...going... down... down... dooooowwwwn.  One of those long, super slow falls where you think "oh crap, I'm going down" "no, wait! I got this, I can save it and not fall in front of everyone" and then finally "nope, that definitely did not work and I'm hitting the ground right here in the smack-dab middle of this busy sushi bar" "don't let them make eye contact, dear god let them pretend that didn't happen, they see nothing" "nope, they are all standing up now.  Lovely."

So, highlight of my weekend -- falling in Austin.

But the kids saw their cousins and had a blast!  Cause Aunt Mandi may not know how to walk anymore., but she knows the way to any kids heart is buying them toys at Target, taking them to the park and then ice cream at Chick-fil-a.  In that order.  You're welcome for winning favorite aunt competitions now. 

 
Shadow box at The Thinkery

Train ride at Zilker Park
PS - I've been wearing those boots all day today and haven't fallen once.  So, thanks a lot feet. 

Comments

Popular Posts