Adventures in Lauro Land

I miss writing.  I love writing.  I just bore myself writing about my own life, I guess because I'm already busy living my life - so writing about it just feels redundant.

But for a lack of anything else to write about...

Homeschool is going good.  We decided to try time4learning.com and I actually really like it.  Excellent for math and language arts.  We supplement with a science class once a week and The Story of the World for history. And despite my lack of pushing (or maybe because of it) Miles is doing really well at reading and comprehension.  He's doing good in math (averaging about 80%).  And we're working on writing.  It's not his favorite, so I'm not pushing it.  But he's trying.
He's also doing soccer and just started jui jitsu with his dad.  It's the cutest thing and of course he's a natural at it, thanks to his dad.  So fun!

He's still the sweetest cuddle bug who just cut me up some bananas and served me them with a side of yogurt.  He only charged me a penny! 

Natty-Poo is a different beast.  Girl is fierce.  I fully expect her to blow stuff up and walk away without looking back.  She's also scary and jealous of everyone and everything.

But I really kind of love how challenging she is.  Not only is she her own person, she's the exact opposite of me in so many ways, it's scary.  She loves leopard prints and almost all things tacky.  She spits often.  Breaks every rule.  Zero Fs are given by her.  And she cracks me up and scares me on the reg.

Also, we have a new puppy.  Falcor, Little Pickle.  He's a mess and he stinks.  But I love him and carry him in a baby carrier because I've lost my mind.  Also, we just bought him a shirt.  It says Security.
In other news - still renovating this hot mess of a house.  We are about 95ish percent done downstairs and need to start on upstairs like yesterday.  But, omg - what we have done is amazing!  I love this house and am not sure I'll ever be able to move.  A pool would be nice though...  so never say never.  Some day I'll post some before, during and after pictures of this house that will blow your mind! 

Let's see, what else...  it's Christmas y'all!  Lots to do for Christmas in Dallas.  So I'll try to pick this back up again and instead of recaps maybe I'll just post pictures and throw in some random stories or something.  I don't know yet.  I need to come up with something.



Comments

Popular Posts